IceCube bootcamp on basic software and analysis techniques. Bootcamp runs from June 18-22, 2018.
There is no pre-bootcamp meeting this year. Instead, we will send out python tutorials before the bootcamp.
Several of this year's presentations and exercises will make use of a VirtualBox virtual machine containing the latest IceCube trunk software.
The steps for installing it are:
(1) Download and install free OS-virtualization software from VirtualBox. You'll need both the host package and the Extension Pack which is a separate download below the platform packages.
(2) Download the virtual box machine from the IceCube Bootcamp data repository.
NOTE: Use the standard IceCube username/password combination.
(3) Open VirtualBox
(4) Click on bootcamp2018.ova after the download finishes. This should open an import prompt in VirtualBox. Click 'import' to load in the bootcamp2018 machine.
(5) When import finishes you should see 'bootcamp2018' listed in the VirtualBox application. Click it to power it on and sign in with username 'bootcamp' and password 'bootcamp'
(6) Start IceCube software by running 'source icecube/build/env-shell.sh' from a Terminal window
Pre-Bootcamp python tutorials
Bootcamp Python Tutorial, Part1.html
Bootcamp Python Tutorial, Part2.html
Bootcamp Python Tutorial, Part3.html
Bootcamp Python Tutorial, Part4.html